Saving Abby

by Steena Holmes



Oh my gosh have a box of tissues ready this book is a major tear jerker. I was balling like a baby by the end and I loved this book! This book really captured me and held me till the very last page. I loved the couple Claire and Josh I mean what's not to love about a husband/wife children's book author and illustrator team. Add the fact that they were just so sweet and going through so much. I mean when you hear the saying they just can't catch a break this couple couldn't. It was one heartbreaking moment after another. The heartbreak was broken up with happy moments but man pass the tissues please moments were through out the whole book. Both tears of joy and heartbreak, Steena Holmes out did herself with Saving Abby! While this isn't a light hearted book most want to read through out their summer reading I really think you must  add this one to the list, move it to the top of the list! Claire, Josh, and Abby will capture your heart and I can't say it enough I loved this book! The writing was great and easy to read and believable. The characters were great, although I will say I was a little mad at Claire's best friend and doctor but I still liked her. I know this is not based on any true stories or anything but I've read stories very similar to this happening to pregnant moms and having to make the decisions that they had to make is just to unimaginable it's a no win situation. Run out to your local bookstore or library, make a pit stop at the store to grab some tissues and comfort ice cream and read Saving Abby. I hope it touches your heart as much as it touched mine.

summary: All children’s book illustrator Claire Turner ever wanted was to be a mother. After six years of trying to conceive, she and her husband, Josh, have finally accepted that she will never be pregnant with a child of their own.

Yet once they give up hope, the couple gets the miracle they’ve been waiting for. For the first few months of her pregnancy, Claire and Josh are living on cloud nine. But when she begins to experience debilitating headaches, blurred vision, and even fainting spells, the soon-to-be mother goes to the doctor and receives a terrifying diagnosis. Since any treatment could put their unborn baby’s life at risk, the Turners must carefully weigh their limited options. And as her symptoms worsen, Claire will have to make an impossible decision: Save her own life, or save her child’s?


thank you so very much BookSpark Summer Reading Challenge, Lake Union Publishing and Steena Holmes for allowing me to read and review Saving Abby. All thoughts and opinions are mine and not influenced by the free book.
 

Books + Tea = Me Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang