Everybody Rise

by Stephanie Clifford



So I was ready for some chick lit summer reading and thought Everybody Rise sounded like it fit. Evelyn has tried to distance herself from her social climbing parents and forge a path for herself. However she finds herself right back in the social climbing every person for them self society where money talks and she is trying hard to pretend to be old money. Maybe it was just the reading mood I was in since my friend read it when it first came out and loved it. I think it would be a pretty good movie but the characters on the paper just didn't click for me. It is a cautionary tale and has all the:  be careful who your friends are, keep your enemies close and be careful what you wish for moments. Some parts were pretty funny and while for me I couldn't click with the characters I wish Evelyn had stayed true to who she really was. Everybody Rise like any book isn't for every reader while I liked it OK many love this. I hear it is going to become a movie and I would go see it on the big screen I really think that would make it come to life more for me than it did in book format. All and all I'd say this was a decent chick lit summer read.

summary: It's 2006 in the Manhattan of the young and privileged, and a new generation of heirs and strivers are jockeying for social power and discovering that class, especially on the Upper East Side, still holds sway. At 26, Evelyn Beegan is the product of new money, propelled by her social-climbing mother through an elite prep school, a posh college, and into Manhattan. Evelyn has always managed to stay just on the periphery of this world her mother so desperately wants her to become a part of. But when she takes a job at a new social networking site aimed at her very elite peers, she's forced to leverage her few connections to work her way to the front of the pack.

thank you BookSparks Summer Reading Challenge, St Martins Press and Stephanie Clifford for allowing me to read and review Everybody Rise. All thoughts and opinions are my own and not influenced by the free book.
 

Gidget Girl Reading Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang