The House of Bradbury

by Nicole Meier



The House of Bradbury was such a great book. Being a book lover I would love to buy an old house of my favorite author. I mean that would be so cool, and that exactly what Mia does when she buys the late Ray Bradbury's house. Its a fresh new start since leaving her big wig Hollywood producer fiance. He helps her buy this house and there is a string attached. She isn't happy about the string "babysitting" hollywood starlet Zoe to make sure she stays clean and sober. The thing is both Mia and Zoe really need each other and just didn't know it at the time. This was such a fast read and I couldn't put it down. I can't believe this is a debut novel. Nicole Meier does an amazing job at really placing you in Mia's world. You really get to know her thoughts, emotions, and opinions on what is going on in her life as well as all those around her. I liked all the characters in this book, that is so odd since there is usually one character that just doesn't click with me.  That is not the case in The House of Bradbury. I liked how the story unfolds gradually but her writing style kept my interest and left me wanting the book to continue. The ended really makes me wonder and hope that this great group of characters stories continue with another book. Only the author Nicole Meier knows if that will happen but I do know if it does I'll be first in line to buy a copy. The House of Bradbury will be in my top 20 of 2016, and I've added a new author to my must read all their books list.

summary: Mia Gladwell s life is going nowhere. The media has skewered her debut novel, her fiance Carson, a successful Hollywood producer, has jumped ship, and now she s living in her sister s carriage house unattached, unemployed, and uninspired. Then she learns that the Los Angeles estate of iconic author Ray Bradbury is up for sale, and she feels an immediate urge to buy the wonky old house, convinced that moving into the late author s home will inspire her to create her best work yet. Life in the Bradbury house is not what Mia imagined, however. Soon after moving in, to fulfill a debt she owes to Carson, she agrees to take in a pill-popping young actress as a tenant, and suddenly she finds herself in a balancing act between her needy ex, an unpredictable starlet, and her disapproving sister, who s keeping a close eye on her. Add to this a series of mysterious sketches left at her doorstep by a stranger, and Mia s life is more complicated than ever. As she searches for clues, though, Mia discovers insights into her own life. Maybe moving into Bradbury s house was a big mistake but maybe not." 

thank you BookSpark Summer Reading Challenge, Spark Press and Nicole Meier for allowing me to read and review The House of Bradbury. All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the free book.
 

Gidget Girl Reading Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang