Remember to Forget { Revised And Expanded Edition }

by Ashley Royer



I was not familiar with nor did I read the original version of this story, however I can say I did enjoy this book a lot more than I thought I would. I will say first off at first I couldn't stand the main character Levi. I know he was very deeply depressed and had a lot of anger in him but he was so mean to everyone who loved him I was really put off by him at first. I almost stopped reading the book. However I continued and I'm glad I did. Ashley Royer did an amazing job at really delving deep within the psyche of a teen suffering from depression and maybe survivors guilt. He has an amazing support system that eventually breaks through and helps him heal and see that is OK to go on living even when you think the world as you know it has ended. While it was an intense little book I think it is one that needs to be read. She is a gifted writer and I hope to read more from her in the future.

summary: In Remember to Forget from Watty Award-winning author Ashley Royer, Levi has refused to speak since the tragic death of his girlfriend, Delia, and can't seem to come out of his depression and hindering self-doubt. Desperate to make some positive change in Levi’s life, his mother sends him to live with his father in Maine. Though the idea of moving from Australia to America seems completely daunting, Levi passively accepts his fate, but once he lands faces personal struggles and self-doubt at the same time he and his dad battle through resentment and misunderstanding. And then, while at therapy, Levi meets Delilah, a girl who eerily reminds him of someone he lost.

thank you booklook bloggers, and Zondervan for allowing me to read and review Remember to Forget. All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the free book.
 

Books + Tea = Me Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang