Love That Boy

What Two Presidents, Eight Road Trips, and My Son Taught Me About a Parent's Expectations

by Ron Fournier



Love That Boy isn't just about a father's loving his boy but about every parent loving their child unconditionally and with all their heart. It's about putting your kids first when they need you and being there for them no  matter what. Tyler has Asperger's which is a form of Autism and their are different levels of functioning. Most of the kids I've been around have had highly functioning Asperger's. So I was interesting in reading a father's story about his boy. This book is not at all what I was expecting when I read he was a political journalist and White House Reporter.  I guess I was expecting something more bland non fiction, well I was in for a wonderful surprise. Love That Boy is a beautiful book that is full of a father's love for his boy. I loved reading their life story and this book was so heartwarming. This book was full of a families love and all about being their for each other. This book is all about putting family first, Ron Fournier was a career driven person and decided to quit and take a road trip with his son. You will also get a great behind the scene's look of Bill Clinton and George W Bush when they meet and hung out with Ron and Tyler. This is one of the few non fiction books that I really enjoyed and so happy to have on my bookshelf and book I read for 2016.


summary: Tyler and I inch toward the Green Room, in line with blow-dried TV anchors and stuffy columnists. He’s practicing his handshake and hello: “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President.” When the couple in front of us steps forward for their picture, my teenager with sky-blue eyes and a soft heart looks up at me and says, “I hope I don’t let you down, Dad.” 

What kind of father raises a son to worry about embarrassing his dad? I want to tell Tyler not to worry, that he’d never let me down. That there’s nothing wrong with being different. That I actually am proud of what makes him special. But we are next in line to meet the president of the United States in a room filled with fellow strivers, and all I can think about is the real possibility that Tyler might embarrass himself. Or, God forbid, me.

thank you blogging for books, and Ron Fournier for allowing me to read Love That Boy. All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the free book. 
 

Books + Tea = Me Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang