Cravings

by Chrissy Teigen



I love cookbooks, and I really like Chrissy Teigen's blog so I jumped at the chance to have this little book on my shelf and in my kitchen. I'm always on the lookout for recipes that we will eat, not just ones that look great but cost an arm and a leg to buy all the ingredients. Not to mention having to go to umpteen millions stores to find that 1 ingredient that is impossible to find. Cravings is not about fancy foods with hard to find ingredients, that cost lots of money. Cravings is about good down home flavorful foods that families will like. I have so many post it's coming out of this book it looks like a rainbow is stuck with in the pages. I have made many of the foods and even did a week of Cravings meal. Guess what my grocery bill was not really any different price range wise. It was a  few dollars more but nothing that would make me say wow these recipes are too expensive for me. 

Chrissy is a tell it like it is gal and her charm and wit come across in the recipe descriptions. I laughed so hard while reading through this book, and that is a first with a cookbook. I just love Chrissy and John and so happy for all the happiness they have going on right now, first her book baby and her baby girl. Gift Cravings to any one wanting to learn some yummy simple recipes,or someone who loves to cook. This book makes a great gift for a bridal shower or birthday. Cravings would also make a wonderful new mom gift - make a meal from the book and gift the meal and book and you've just giving a wonderful gift to new parents.
Some of my favorite meals we've eaten so far from the book:
  • Spicy Tomato Skillet Eggs
  • Pull Apart Buttermilk Biscuits with sausage gravy
  • Pot Pie Soup with crust crackers (genius idea and so yummy)
  • Vegetable Tortilla Stew (so yummy! Even my have to have meat with every meal guy liked this one)
  • Cobb Salad with Honey Mustard Ranch Dressing
  • Chicken Lettuce Wraps
  • Spicy Italian Sausage Meatloaf
  • Spicy Cajun Sausage Peppers and Cabbage
  • John's Tuscan Brick Chicken with Charred Lemons
  • and so many more....
    thank you Clarkson Potter, Chrissy Teigen and Bloggins for Books for sending me a copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the free book.
 

Books + Tea = Me Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang