Modern Printmaking

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
A Guide to Traditional and Digital Techniques
by Sylvia Covey

First off I most say this book is beautiful, it is very well made and printed on thick glossy paper. Modern Prinkmaking would be a wonderful "coffee table" type book yo have on display not shelved. This is one that every one can flip through and admire and enjoy. I got this book because I have a love of art and wanted to learn more about Printmaking. This book is divided into the chapters based on the type of printmaking technique that is being introduced. Each chapter gives a brief history and introduction as well is what materials and equipment are needed and how to prepare for that type of printmaking. Sylvia Covey also introduces the reader to so many great artist that use printmaking for their form of art. I love reading about and discovering new artist.  There are so many types, many I had not heard of. While most are ones you can't just do in your home unless you have the money and studio this book is still amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it. There are some techniques that you can do at home and are not as hard or as expensive to get the supplies. I think this summer I might try my hand at a few, that way I have the time to slowly gather my supplies that I do not have. While she does explain everything and this is an instructional book I'm not really it is for the beginning or average home artist, it is geared for the art student who is working on learning all these techniques. I loved this beautiful book and I know I will continue to flip through it from time to time. This book gets 5 out 5 stars and I'd give it more than that if I could it is just so beautifully made.
summary: A fully illustrated instructional printmaking book presenting step-by-step examples alongside representative works from thirty top contemporary printmaking artists.
Printmaking is flourishing in the modern era, appealing to both traditional artists as well as those interested in graphic design and digital techniques. This all-in-one guide is both technical and inspirational, examining the history and contemporary processes of relief, intaglio, lithography, serigraphy, mixed media, digital transfers, and post-digital graphics. Featuring step-by-step examples alongside representative works and profiles of top printmaking artists, this colorful resource provides a truly fresh look at printmaking today, in all its forms.
thank you so very much blogging for books, Sylvia Covey, Waston Guptill and Crown Publishing for allowing me to read and start my printmaking adventures. All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the free book.
 

Gidget Girl Reading Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang