Kitchen Confidence


by Kelsey Nixon

I remember watching Kelsey on Next Food Network Star, I loved her personality and her easy, yummy recipes. I was routing for her to win but she did not. :( So I was very happy to see that Bobby Flay's production company was going to give her a show on The Cooking Channel! :) I watch The Cooking Channel a lot more than Food Network and I love her show Kelsey's Essentials.

Kitchen Confidence is not just a book for those new to cooking, even seasoned experienced cooks can enjoy this wonderful cookbook! Kitchen Confidence along with some pans or baking items would be a great bridal shower or wedding gift, it would also be a great gift for anyone who loves to cook and is looking for yummy, easy to fix recipes.

Kitchen Confidence has 100 recipes and 60 photographs. Each recipe has a little story or info about how it came about, why she loves it, etc. The beginning she includes some essentials she feels should be in every kitchen from pantry items including freezer staples like: chicken thighs (her personal fave) and frozen fruits. Next she includes some of her kitchen essentials, and some fun items to add if you have the room and money. She even includes some cooking techniques that she feels are essential for every confident cook along with page numbers to learn about them.

I have so many marked pages with recipes to try. She starts out with breakfast recipes and there are many I can't wait to try, like her sausage skillet hash recipe {would be great for a breakfast for dinner night}. I'm going to try her green smoothie recipe I love her little twist on it and her biscuits look great and would be great to much on through out the week, whether it's with jam for breakfast or a mid day snack, or some savory garlic butter for dinner.

Her meatball recipe is simple and very yummy {I tasted one after they were done!}, it also makes up enough for meatball subs and leftovers to add to your spaghetti another night. So 2 meals in 1 recipe is a great way to stretch her dollar and cut down on food prep time. Her Essential Stove top Macaroni and Cheese is very yummy and passed the test with my Mac n Cheese loving kid with flying colors! Her Roasted Tomato Soup with Pesto and Cheesy Garlic Croutons is a fun take on the classic and very popular Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Ingredients for this are on my grocery list for next week.

I'm so happy to have this cookbook and know that this is going to be one of my go to cookbooks. I already created a whole meal plan around recipes to try. Tonight we are having meatball subs and more of her yummy Mac n Cheese!

thank you blogging for books for sending me a copy of Kitchen Confidence for review. I LOVE it and can't wait to work my way through the whole book!
 

Books + Tea = Me Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang